On this page, I have collected tools, books and services I use for my work or this blog.
I will update this page & links whenever I find something useful – so you should return here every now and then.
Free tools for Google Analytics users
- Google Analytics Query Explorer is an excellent tool for testing and debugging Google Analytics API calls.
- Google Analytics Addon for Google Sheets has saved me countless hours. You might even build a comple reporting system using it!
- Google Analytics Debugger for Chrome helps you to find bugs in your GA implementation.
- Page Analytics for Chrome allows you to see how customers interact with your web pages.
- Table Booster extension for Chrome adds heatmaps, bar diagrams and statistical tests to your GA reports.
- Tag Assistant is a Chrome addon for debugging your Tag Manager implementation. You can also use it for having a look at other sites’ dataLayers!
- Google Analytics Solutions Gallery with dashboards, custom reports and segments.
- Google Analytics URL builder for tagging campaigns.
Books for Google Analytics users
- Jonathan Weber, Practical Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager for Developers (2015) is currently my favorite book about Google Analytics.
- Daniel Weisberg, Google Analytics Data Integrations (2015) is another book worth reading if you are new to GA.
- Google Analytics Solutions – the official YouTube channel.
- Regex101.com is incredibly useful for debugging regular expressions.
Hosting & WordPress
- Bluehost – this blog runs on a Bluehost shared host. Currently I am more than happy with Bluehost: it is simple to use and provides a very easy WordPress installation process.
- The theme I currently use is Twenty Fifteen.